Whether you are stranded on the freeway and frantically searching the internet for help, or if you are planning ahead to hire a company to get a classic car across town, you will want to make sure the towing company you choose is of the highest caliber. Here are the top 10 traits you want out of a potential towing company.
- 24/7 Availability. No one wants to break down in the middle of the night, but if you do, it’s nice to know there are companies that will be available to help you. A quality tow company won’t just offer services during business hours. They will be there to help you in your time of need, whenever it is.
- Drivers with Clean Driving Records. When you call a towing company, you are trusting one of your most expensive possessions to a stranger. The least they can do is send someone who has a clean driving record and who is thoroughly trained to handle all the equipment.
- Knowledgeable Staff. Did you know that if you have rear-wheel drive, your car should not be towed by the front wheels (with the rear ones dragged behind)? Or that if you are pulling a double trailer with a total length of more than 65 feet you need a special permit? You want to deal with companies that know their stuff. Their education should not ever stop, either. As new cars enter the roads, towing companies need to be prepared to handle their differences in design and composition. New vehicles can easily be damaged by a towing company that wasn’t prepared for their make or model.
- WreckMaster Certified. WreckMaster is the leading educator in towing operations. WreckMaster certification shows that the towing company is professional and cares about the services they provide. When you can see that a towing company is WreckMaster certified, you know that they have the right education to keep the vehicles and everyone involved safe.
- An Arsenal of Equipment. Different circumstances require different equipment. If a car is stuck in the mud, a flatbed trailer isn’t going to pull it out. That car needs a winch. A quality towing company will have a wide assortment of different equipment that can be utilized for any of your towing needs. They will also keep that equipment up to date, so you can avoid damage to your car.
- Versatile Services. A great towing company will have many tricks up its sleeve to use in aiding you and your vehicle. In addition to towing broken down vehicles, a quality towing company could offer lockout services, jumpstarts, winching, flatbed towing, heavy duty towing, RV relocation, classic car towing, low-clearance vehicle towing, boat towing, motorcycle towing, and even jacuzzi towing.
- Rave Reviews. Previous customers represent a trusted way to determine whether or not a company is advertising itself honestly. See what previous clients have to say about their experiences with a towing company. They may advertise different services, but hearing success stories from actual people can provide a lot of reassurance that they perform the job well and have the right equipment for the job. If a company operates with integrity, a solid reputation will follow.
- Affordable with Transparent Pricing. No one is a fan of hidden fees. On top of that, an emergency tow is a hard thing to prepare and budget for. Companies should not be taking advantage of people in need, and a quality company will be upfront and competitive with its pricing.
- A Large Service Area. You can’t plan where you’ll break down and need assistance. Knowing that your trusted towing company will come to you is much more reassuring than trying to frantically find the closest one.
- Quick Response. If a company has all of the above, but you can’t get a hold of them, that doesn’t help either of you. A quality tow company will be quick to respond to you and make arrangements in a timely manner.
Bonus Trait: They Really Care
A towing company that has all of these traits is sure to help you out. But a towing company that has all that and genuinely cares about your well-being and the condition of your property is priceless. A company like that will go above and beyond to make sure you receive the service you need.
At Roadside Rescue, we strive to have all of these traits. If you are in the Davis and Weber Counties area and need an emergency tow, a jacuzzi tow, or anything in between, give us a call. We would love to help you.